[Artemisia] Creampie is in my mistress's face...

Cat no1home at onewest.net
Mon Mar 6 23:43:54 CST 2006

> Did you know that in the orchestral
> set, the Nutcracker actually has underground lyrics? A lot of
> symphonies do, too.

Ah yes, and then there's that great Morley madrigal, Creampie is in
my Mistress's face...   Trust me, Marco, I have run into most of the
classical - and when I grow up, I wanna be Anna Russell or at least
just like her.  I was inflicted with much music at a young age...not
that I will ever admit that I even know what a violin is, much less
know how to play one.  But I managed to to be in many ensembles up
into my thirties (NOT playing anything with strings - discovered
lower brass early enough to retain my sanity) and got to perform in
some really cool places (like the Konzerthalle in Wien) before I
discovered the amazing timedrain of true love (long story, funny bit,
with a dog...married the guy too and he'll never escape-just ask
me;-).  But I still get royalty checks from time to time for some
percussion I did for some folk music records long long ago (or at
least it feels that way) and got to do a little song and dance stuff
on B'way through the Lowe Studio organization as a kid but can't
really compete with getting to play in the same room as Perlman - I'm
seriously envious.  My hubby and me catch a lot of real music down in
SCL but I don't remember Perlman on this year's schedule at all.  Who
do you play for?

ttfn
Therasia