[Artemisia] Corrections to the Order of Precedence

Cat no1home at onewest.net
Wed Mar 8 09:21:10 CST 2006

  El Hermoso Dormiendo has midterms this week so as the unofficial
Wormwood PR department, I will take a stab at this question real
quick (I'm kinda swamped too and now a little late to work at the
slave pits).  There are many reasons that something might be missing
OR may appear to be missing from the OP.  First, no one may have sent
a court report, or back in the days when dead tree mail was more
common, the court report got lost.  Second, a person may have changed
their name and the awards may be listed under a person's old name.
Wormwood may not know about name changes since Wormwood is usually
the last to know...  There's no official mechanism to tell Wormwood
about name changes.  If your award info is split between two names,
drop Wormwood a note and let him know.  It's an easy fix.

Corrections.  There's a pile of corrections, literally under my
elbow, that were collected at a handfull of events last your that I,
Wormwood's Wife, need to get finished with inputting.  Those are my
fault, not El Hermoso Dormiendo's.  It's a handwriting thing...
(***Embarrassment here***).  If there's time, Wormwood sometimes
sends a papercopy of the OP to an event for people to mark up with
corrections.  Those should get inputted quickly except for when his
wife screws up...

Errors or ommissions in the OP can not be fixed when Wormwood does
not know about them.  Right now, there is no FORMAL mechanism or
online form for correcting the OP.  The best way to deal with
omissions, however, is to tell Wormwood, who can then try to do
something about it.  If you have corrections for the OP, send email
to El Hermoso Dormiendo.  It's direct and it's usually fast unless
there's something that needs to be checked.  Remember, many things do
need to be checked (award fraud is real, unfortunately).  Also,
remember that it is not Wormwood who is responsible for reporting
awards.  Wormwood only maintains the database.  Reporting and
validation by law is ultimately the responsibility of the King and
Queen (or Baron/Baroness, for baronial stuff) who gave out the
award.  The paperwork end of things is often delegated to the herald
who heralded the court in which the award was given, but sometimes,
if the delegation is not clear or was forgotten, things can fall
through the cracks.  Running and holding a court is often chaotic and
accidents of forgotten paperwork sometimes do happen. Please be nice
to the people who "do" court for you, the populace - it's a lot
harder and more complicated than it looks.  It's not about looking
pretty, though it might look that way ofttimes - but what it really
is, is the public business of the kingdom and from the Kink and
Quwink on through to the invisible, unheralded and hardworking lords
and ladies in waiting, it's a hard working collective asked to do
tasks many don't even realize have to happen for a court to work
properly.

If there are gaps or corrections in the OP, email Wormwood and he'll
see what he can do.

ttfn
Wormwood's Woeful Wife