[Artemisia] Silent Heralds

Brecca Waite brattboy at rocketmail.com
Wed Mar 8 12:30:33 CST 2006

Hail the list!

As Artemisia's resident "deaf guy" I have asked this to be forwarded to the Aerie for review.

First off,

I was not aware that there was anyone that was activly playing within the kingdom, aside from myself, that had substantial hearing loss. If it is so, then shame on you all for not introducing us  :) .

Second,

In so much as I have recent come by the posts here of the wondering if there can/should be a "silent herald". I will support this with fevor. I cannot tell you how many times I have been called up in court and I got there because even though I was present, I was, in some cases, "picked up and moved" It has been a running joke for some time now. I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with this, and I find it amusing. I am waiting for the day when it will just become easier to have the herald annouce a 1, 2, 3, "BLONDIE!" from the whole of the court, but none the less, I have been blessed with
friends that have no problem with me asking what is happening and explaining it to me or what is being given out.

I cannot with honesty say whether or not I would take full advantage of said herald, as per I am usually running around like a twit, and or standing in the back helping out where I can during court. However, The encouragement of the use of Sign in the kingdom will with leaps and bounds make my life, and so many others, so much easier. I will be completely and utterly deaf one day. I am almost there now, and working to the final note. It could take 6
months it could be a few years. In all reality, I NEED to start signing again. I was fluent for a long time. But I am sure those of you that know any language, if you do not use it, you tend to forget.

You have my support in anyway that I am capable for this to take some nature of effect. And for it to grow and prosper.

For those of you that are interested in the Loch Salann or surrounding area's The Deaf center teaches a free class 2 times a week. I will look into finding out when the next series of classes begins. If you want to get a group together to go down contact me.

I will most heartily be keeping tabs on this development. Feel free to ask for any help I can offer.

Sieg Geirolnir
"Blondie"
Loch Salann
Artemisia's "deaf blonde guy"