[Artemisia] EMERGENCY WEATHER CONDITIONS IN SLC

Lee Barnett badsquire at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 08:40:46 CST 2006

Current estimates are clearing weather in 2-3 hours. The blizzard conditions are within the coldfront moving through Davis and SL counties. Vernal and central Utah gets it later this afternoon.

  Isabeau
  *sitting up on the northeastern bench watching my new double pane windows bow and flex, and get pasted by wind-driven snow*

Dawn Tavares <dtavares1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
  (X-posted to Kingdom & local lists)

Looking out the window at my office on the west side of downtown Salt Lake
City--within the last ten minutes the weather went from cloudy skies but
clear visibility to alpine blizzard white-out. This means ZERO VISIBILITY
beyond 100 feet at best.

If you're debating whether to chance going out on the roads toward
SLC--DON'T. If someone you know is on the road heading our direction and has
a cell phone, call and tell them to PULL OVER AND WAIT IT OUT.

We don't know how fast the storm will clear. Don't risk a fatal crash with a
Utah driver.

Aurora de Portugal