[Artemisia] another founder passes

Cat no1home at onewest.net
Thu Mar 9 17:15:21 CST 2006

This is probably of note more for the oldtimers around.  I was just
informed a friend of mine passed away suddenly yesterday.  He was Sir
Steven MacEanruig, a founder of the SCA, who attended the first
tourney as Sir Henderson.  He was a man with a moral compass so firm
you could steer by it - and a sick and twisted individual with a
great sense of fun.  Founder of the infamous Clan Kidney.  Co-author
of "A Grazing Mace."  He was one of the first SCA legends I ever met
and one of the ones who taught me that even SCA legends are just
folks.  The world is much emptier without him.

ttfn
Therasia

On the Loss of Our Founders
(by Countess Linda of the Lakelands, Nov.97)

Long have we loved the great oak tree
for it has given us shelter when we needed it,
and for many years we have played
among its great limbs and leafy bowers.

Many are the acorns that have fallen,
and many are the young trees