[Artemisia] Coronation Schedule

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 10:16:14 CST 2006

Maybe we should all take our cue from the Loch Salann Musicians  Guild.  They
show up to an event and set up their area with whomever is  there at the
time.  They all bring "stuff" for the snacking table and share  what they have
with each other and with others who wander by.  They play,  almost nonstop,
whatever music strikes their fancy, sharing their talents with  others and
providing a wonderful backdrop for themselves and others.  Who  is there, who is
playing, what they are playing, matters very little to  them.  They simply share
with each other and with others at large.   Likewise, schedules matter little to
them.  If those in charge want them to  play for court, they play for court.
If those in charge want them in a  specific place at a specific time, they
pick up their stuff and move there,  usually with no comment.  If someone wants
a specific song to dance to,  they dig through the music they have tugged
along with them and/or valiantly  attempt to produce it from hummed memories.  And
through it all, they enjoy  what they are doing and where they are doing it,
mostly because they are doing  what they love with others who feel the same
way.  Sometimes they invite  those of us less musically inclined to share their
hospitality and camaraderie  and those so invited find a lovely blessing in
simply enjoying the  company.  Schedules matter little to them, sharing the
music that makes the  event more enjoyable matters much more.  Who is playing and
what they are  playing will change throughout the day, yet who they are and
what they are doing  changes little if any.

Yes, schedules might be nice, at least some loose notion.   But, I suspect
that a tight schedule would make the event more of  a chore for the musicians
instead of the joy that all can see it is for  them.

So, lets see if we can't emulate the musicians and enjoy the event  no matter
what is happening when.

Lady Constance de la Rose
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of  Artemisia