[Artemisia] Woh's your shrimp bait

ravenmacleod at comcast.net ravenmacleod at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 21:27:44 CST 2006

Greetings good gentles,
Just a little update on Lochs Salann Defenders.
Just two weeks away on the 25 of March is LochSalann’s Defenders Tourney. We’ve got a lot planned and were hoping that you can whilst inspired by your lady (or lord) shrimp bait join us in driving that devious demon decapod that slack jawed saline swiller the great brine shrimp if Loch Salann. Show us who’s inspiration, who’s shrimp bait is the most beauteous the most inspiring the most delectable in these lands. Let your inspiration shine above all others and spur you on to greatness above all others.
As tradition has it Defends tourney is a two part tourney the first is a melee, in the past we’ve held snowball tournies and reverse snowball tourneys, this time were holding a ransom tourney. Each entrant will receive five coins when they are introduced to the gallery, each time they are defeated in battle they will give up one of those coins for their ransom. The fighter with the most coins at the end of the tourney will be the second place winner and receive a fabulous prize! Ladies of the Gallery will be looking for specific feats of Bravery, Gallantry, Leadership and Honor for which they will be giving just rewards and determining the Champion of the tourney. We will then turn to the list field to witness a single elimination tourney. Depending on how the list goes our Defender of Loch Salann will be determined this day.
The rapier tourneys will be a lot of fun, I understand that there is quite a few interesting bouts planned that are, as of now, a secret to me.
There was an archery tourney that was mentioned, unfortunately we were not able to get a variance from the city and so the tourney will have to be delayed until Melee Madness at which time we will determine our Archery Defender.
The feast sounds fantastic, it’s being prepared by Lady Hildegard with the help of the Loch Salann Cooks Guild noteably Mistress Casamira and Lady Constance. Please get your feast reservations in as soon as possible. As of now we have only 20 reservations so far, we’ve extended the deadline to next Wednesday but we need your reservations in as soon as possible. Here we have the menu…
Menu
Antipasti
Rastons with Herbed Butter, Pickled Eggs
Boiled Garlic, Lemon Pepper Shrimp
Marinated Olives, Fresh Fruit
Fresh Mozzarella with Olive Oil and Basil
First Course
Beef and Barley Soup
Second Course
Pollo alla Brace
(Chicken in Balsamic Glaze)
Rice
Spinach Salat
Pallet Cleanser
Lime Sorbet
Third Course
Fricassee d’ Agnello
(Lamb Stew)
Toasted Bread
Boiled Onions
Dessert
Cheese Puff Nibbles,
Assorted Dried Fruit and Candies

Just a few notes of interest for the event.
·       Site opens at 12:00
·       List opens at 12:00
·       Court at 12:30
·       Fighting starts at 1:00
·       Feast is at 6:00
·       Site closes at 9:00
·       We must leave the site by 10:00
If you have any questions please contact me. RavenMacLeod at comcast.net (801)232-1616
Yours, Raven MacLeod

--
Raven MacLeod
Sergeant, Student, Vassal

Por Roi et Amore Artemisia Glorianna

If people knew how hard I worked to gain my mastery, it wouldnt seem so wonderful after all. --Michelangelo