[Artemisia] The Meaning of Hubris

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Mon Mar 27 19:19:42 CST 2006

In a message dated 3/27/2006 5:00:31 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
no1home at onewest.net writes:

Besides,  I gotta enter Kingdom A&S.  Constance has been champion
twice - and that's one time more than I've been champion!  Now  we
can't be having that, can we?!?  Yes, an even better reason  to get
the collar back!  We can't have Constance getting  uppity, no no
no...!

Constance is too short to get uppity, can't stretch that  far.

Besides, if she doesn't give the collar away, she can't get it back  for a
third time can she? <eg>

Seriously, it is a privilege to earn and wear the collar and one  that all
artisans should be able to experience.  When you wear it you  represent the arts
and acknowledge that you earned that right on that particular  day.  Much
like any tourney, you were the best that day and now carry the  responsibility of
representing all who are best on any other day.

So, echoing Theresia, please everyone consider entering in  May.  You don't
have to be the best in the Kingdom forever and ever to  enter and win.  You
just have to present the best that you can be on that  day and all of you are
capable of that.

The rest of us want and look forward to seeing the vast talents  that are
available in this kingdom and we can only see this if you bring  them.  Even if
you are not competing for champion, bring the one or two  projects you have
done recently and let the rest of us see them and be inspired  by them.  Every
time I attend such a competition, I am amazed by the  talents we have in our
kingdom.  Bring your work and let us see  it.

Debbie