[Artemisia] Comments regarding latest BoD announcment

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Tue Mar 28 17:48:59 CST 2006

There is a **huge** difference between being preceived as a negative depiction of the society and being dangerous to other SCA participants.  right now there is very little recourse within the SCA for those who, in the mundane world, would probably be investigated by mundane authorities.  A R&D takes a long time to implement, and in the meantime, there may be further harm caused.

For example (and this has happened, IIRC) - someone who was being investigated on sexual assault charges by the police showed up to an event in one of the Eastern kingdoms.  He was making overt, highly inappropriate sexual comments to some of the female event-goers.  By the current SCA rules, all that could really be done was to ask him to leave. IIRC, he did leave but he was not happy about it.  What would have happened if he had continued the behavior?

I would like to see some other methods by which this could be appropriately addressed.  I am not sure that I think this proposal is the way to go about it.  I have yet to thoroughly review it.  I am merely suggesting that there is usually a reason that such things become proposals.
~thea
(who was actually just going to post to the Aerie asking everyone to read and comment on this tidbit)
Dame Theodora of Trebizond, OP
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia

"You are all learners, doers, teachers."  -Richard Bach