[Artemisia] Comments regarding latest BoD announcment

JD Gibson scjd at poboxes.com
Tue Mar 28 23:44:22 CST 2006

:-  Who knows more about an individual case than the people closest
:-to the issue and in authority?  In this case, the Crown of that
:-particular Kingdom.
:-  In any case, I believe that this is a bad idea.  I just can't
:-concieve of a situation  " . . . when Royal Sanctions are
:-inappropriate or logistically impractical, . . ." and the action
:-of the Society Seneschal is appropriate and logistically

I agree.  Overall we have always been good about policing ourselves, and I
see no reason to grant power over myself to someone I do not nor ever will
get a chance to know.  At least when my Pelican, Baroness, Queen, or King
yell at me, I know why and that they have considered my point of view also.
I also dislike the wording where it sounds as if it is an arbitrary decision
without any consideration, or reasonable remedy.  As things are now, you at
least get a chance, no matter how deserved the banishment is, to discuss
things with the crown.  There is nothing like that provided for with this
proposal.  My opinions have been sent to the BoD, I do hope everyone sends
their own (regardless if you are for or against) to let them know we are
listening.  I also ask this discussion remain that, a discussion, and not
fall into a flame war.  I'd hate to have to ignore the tread.

Lord John Gilson, HUH?
Locksmith, Baroness's Musketeer,
Baronial Rapier Marshal and Web Minister, etc.
It's coming,Uprising XX!(www.uprisingwar.org)