[Artemisia] Comments regarding latest BoD announcment

Spencer Maschek smaschek at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 09:44:14 CST 2006

all,
Having just read the Society's release on this subject rather than the one
posted on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that 1. It was a well
thought out decision that something along these lines needs to be
implemented; 2. that it in no way was or is meant to be a policing action on
local or kingdom groups; 3. it is meant to be a bolster and a convenience
for the Crowns, Seneschals, and Event Stewards.
In reading the actual posting and wording without any cuts or additions it
reads for this to be a shortened version of the powers that already are in
effect. that it cannot take effect without the input of people locally
involved, and that it is for a definite period of time. It is meant to take
the amount of paperwork that a crown, seneschal, and event steward and many
others involved in a banishment must due in the course of a banishment
extending over several reigns. In addition it provides for severe penalties
for anyone who issues such a banishment without due course. i.e. the S.S.
banishes someone because "he said, she said, he called me a poo poo head and
I want them banished." the S.S. can then be sanctioned, removed from office,
and banished by the Society.

I think that people are looking at this through eyes of fear rather than
through the spirit and wording in which it was given. Let's all take a more
open mind on what was actually posted by the BoD and the terms in which it
would actually apply to us. This action is meant to help the powers that be
in a kingdom not take the powers from them. It not a police action, it is
not meant that only the S.S. now can issue R&Ds, In fact I sincerely doubt
that the S.S. will issue many at all as the strictures and checks and
balances that are being implemented with this.

The somewhat verbose,
"The Axe was a great tool for opening minds"
Vlad