[Artemisia] Re: Artemisia Digest, Vol 30, Issue 46

Allen Hall earlalan at srv.net
Wed Mar 29 11:06:46 CST 2006

Sir Gregory,

Very well written and I agree with your points.  I've had some amount of
experience with this type of situation, and I've found the same results as
you have.

>From the "mundane" (law enforcement) side, it is WAY hard to deal with these
kind of things.  The level of proof required to convict someone is extremely
high, and not unusually gets plead down to something entirely different.
And the time frame?  Well on an L&L case, figure no less than 1-2 years for
an actual conviction.

And my last point concerning BoD bashing.  The BoD is made up of your
friends and fellow players.  They volunteer their time and energies.  You
think a local or Kingdom office is easy, Holy Moly, think of what the BoD
level offices are like!  And once someone gets on the BoD they do not become
an evil person.  Please, think about it.

If you'd like a first person account of what being on the BoD is like, talk
to Baroness Bronwyn.  She served honorably on the BoD, and a finer person
you'll not meet.  I personally know the Corporate Director, and he is an
ICON of Chivalry and Honor.  So please be cautious when you BoD bash, you
likely don't have all the info.

Before someone starts commenting on me being afraid to comment negatively on
the BoD, remember the Estrella Accords in 1993?  I was the Aten King at that
point in time, and not the least bit shy to stand up to what was going on
then.

Alan