[Artemisia] Dave update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Wed Mar 29 16:38:02 CST 2006

Here is your afternoon, early evening report.

It has been a much smoother day.  Around 2PM they successfully pulled out
the artery balloon that was in his leg and controlling his blood pressure.
About an hour latter they started do some more work to get him off the
ventilator (C-pap for you medical people).  When I called in at 4PM they
were going to try taking the breathing tube out to see how he would do.

He still hasn't asked for me to come back in there but I knew today would be
the stress day for him.  Having the breathing tube removed and the process
leading up to that is very stressful.  He needed as little stress from
elsewhere so he could direct all his energies to getting used to breathing
on his own again.

I have really appreciated all the e-mails throughout the day. They have kept
me entertained and busy.

If any of you would like to write Dave personal e-mails I have saved all the
ones so far so he can read them.

Thanks again to all of you and I'll do a late evening update tonight.

Love

Mst. Cecilia