[Artemisia] David fan update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Wed Mar 29 20:55:09 CST 2006

Evening all,

This should be the last update for the night.  He has been, so far,
successfully off the ventilator since about 5PM.  He is breathing pretty
good but needs that prodding to take deep breaths.  The next biggest hurdle
now is to avoid aspiration or pneumonia.  This could really set him back if
he has it happen.

He remains feisty but let me come in around 6PM.  They unfortunately have
loosed his arterial line (that was in his wrist and allowed blood draws and
other things w/o poking all the time).  They've tried to start it again but
even the anesthesiologist couldn't get it.  Now its' up to the MD to see
what he wants.  If he wants it, he will have to make an incision at Dave's
wrist and put it in that way.  Hopefully he won't want that (we want lines
out not in).  His blood sugars are much better controlled.  Right now the
biggest thing is to keep David pain free and no lung problems.  They are
even going to give him a bit of a bath.  He hasn't had that since he
returned from the first surgery.  He's orange from his forehead to his
toes!!!

I remain cautiously optimistic.  Will be very happy if tomorrow we can get
him sitting up on the side of the bed.

I think that does it for the night.  If something comes up will let you all
know.

Thank you all for your continued support of David and myself (and the kids).

Talk at you all soon.
Mst. Cecilia