[Artemisia] Morning Update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Thu Mar 30 07:28:31 CST 2006

Good morning everyone,

David had a terrific night (say the nurses) he feels he didn't have a good
one BUT, he says not because of what the nurses did (He's learning-evil
grin).

Anyway, he has kept the breathing tube out.  His blood sugars are around
102.  Nurses cut checking those back to every two hours.  The insulin is
still running but if he starts eating successfully today that should be
either lowered or stopped.

The MD, thankfully, felt like he didn't have to have that arterial line back
in so at this time he's doing w/o.

The nurse was doing a great job of making sure he was getting his pain meds
every hour but the Morphine being that frequent was dropping his pressure a
little so she cut back and really encouraged him to use his biofeedback.

He is getting oxygen around his body well and all the labs so far, are
coming back good.  They took a chest X-ray this AM so we'll see how that
looks. The nurses report he's coughing real good and doing his deep
breathing.

He is to sit in a chair this morning around 8AM and try a clear liquid diet.
So we'll see how that goes.

Thanks again to everyone.  I feel much better about moving to the
accommodations down the street (if there is room) due to his stability.

Next update around noon.

Love,
Mst. Cecilia