[Artemisia] 5PM update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Thu Mar 30 16:28:28 CST 2006

Yeah I know we're a little early for those on Mt. or Pacific time.

David's day has had some pluses and minus.  While he has had some meds taken
off (only thing left running continuously has been Dopamine now, and
saline).  And he's coughing well and breathing deep.  Each one of those
coughing sessions wears him out almost till the next one comes.

He has been hot and cold all day but his temp really hasn't changed.  When I
last left him about 40min ago he was back to having a bit of a blood
pressure problem so they were giving him some meds and some plasma to help
bring up his blood volume and strengthen each beat of his heart.

Not sure if he is going to meet his goal of sitting up in a chair today.
Check that I'm pretty positive he's not.  He is just extremely weak.  I
really don't know if he is going to reach his goal of being on the floor by
Sat  so we're just kind of hanging out for now.

I feel overall he's doing really well but he is obviously very weak and we
were overestimating (all of us) his true strength after this.

Keep him in your prayers and I'll be updating around 10PM

Love to all,

Cecilia