[Artemisia] Evening update

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Thu Mar 30 20:36:36 CST 2006

Here is the last update for tonight.  As I said before I got a room at the
house down the street but don't think they have internet hook-up.  So this
will be the last for tonight and then I'll check in first thing in the AM.

Tonight David is back to wanting me vs. not wanting me.  Every time I leave
to let the staff do their thing he asks if I'm coming back.

This evening I finally rangled the doc and he is pretty optimistic of David
moving to a telemetry room tomorrow out of ICU.  Guess that's why he makes
the big bucks.  He said his strength being so low is 3 fold.

1. 2 major chest surgeries in 24 hrs (that made sense to me)

2. David's chronic pain condition.  When there is any trauma to the body,
people with chronic pain have an immediate worsening of this condition,
sapping all their strength and making pain control nearly impossible.

3. His blood volume but more importantly the parts of the blood that help
get oxygen to the rest of the body are again low.  It would normally take 8
weeks for the body to make that much blood to give him what he needs.  We're
not waiting that long.

Tonight Dave got more plasma and 2 more units of blood in hopes of boosting
that volume, his blood pressure and his strength.

He is coughing real well and getting up the stuff in his lungs.  Overall it
has been a pretty good day.

The hope tomorrow is sitting in the chair but that will greatly depend on
that pesky blood pressure.

Will let you know in the AM as soon as I know.

Thanks again to all and good night.

Cheryl