[Artemisia] Where do I look?

Kim Rule kimrule at cableone.net
Thu Mar 30 21:44:03 CST 2006

Hi Aerie!

Okay, my lord and I are back to playing.after being gone for 4 and a
half years.  Trouble is we gave almost all of our garb, and gear away.
So, we have to re-collect everything!  Dang, where DID we get it all?
Mostly, I'm concerned about belts, and knives.I found myself feeling
rather naked without my pretty blade that I once had.

I also have to do some research.  Although my lord wishes to remain a
Viking, I'm finding that I would rather not do the late Italian ren that
I had last experimented with.My lord still finds the thought of a me in
a corset rather appealing, but I'm thinking I'd rather do something a
bit earlier.  I'm currently reading a book about Eleanor of Aquitaine,
and I find it fascinating.maybe stick with the period of about 1100 or
so.

So, where do I go to do research on line?  Where can I find information
and pictures of garb that will be in the time frame of what I'm looking
at?  I would like to know about some kind of headdress, as well as
gowns.  I do have a couple of Gunnvald-r's bog dresses, so I'll be able
to do those okay.  Is there a place on line where I can order the
"stuff" I need, like belts, mugs, feast gear, and other accessories?

Lady Iris