[Artemisia] input from a Lurker...

Tamara Shramek maratama at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 05:51:53 CST 2006

First...I agree...Tangl for the BOD....Grab them by
the not so long hairs and give em a good shake girl.
Where do I sign up to help campaign? Cause I know when
the work is done..the drinking begins ;-)
Second....after having read many post, and the
announcment from BOD....lets face it...our world is
changing. While it is still filled with beauty that
enraptures my heart, our uglyness is showing folks.
Some like to say we are the middle-ages without the
plague, poverty and lack of central heating. But,
there are modern equivalents that we need to keep at
bay..child abuse, rape, violence..these things (and
more) are the plague of our modern lives. What the BOD
newest changes SEEM to be is an attempt to keep these
horrors out of our game, so we can continue to
educate, create and enjoy what so many have built. It
is also worth mentioning that one wrong lawsuit, for
one just 'right' reason, could bring radical changes
to our game, or worse. While I think they (BOD) has
come up with this idea, I think they should see this
as a work in progress, a baby step towards a solution.
I don't like some of the open ended language. While
whoever is in that spot (Society Sens.) now may be
cool and fair..someone in the future may not be so
uncorrupt or fair. But they are trying folks, they are
trying to meld and protect our game from the modern
plagues. I see an attempt here to protect our game in
an increasingly crazy world. Not a job for the faint
at heart.
 Everyone of us here is talented, intelligent, and
different. Slamming anyone for their opinion, doesn't
build us, or *our* society up. It breeds desent and
distrust. I have enough of these things in modern
life, I am guessing most of us do.
  In the long run, just one person being harmed at any
event is too many, that I know we all agree on.
Thanks for listening..
YIS
Tamara