[Artemisia] Afternoon report

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Fri Mar 31 14:25:05 CST 2006

Hello all,

Here is the afternoon report.  I'm beginning to feel like a traffic
reporter!!!

Anyway, they are waiting for someone from physical therapy to see Dave to
evaluate what is up with his leg.  In the mean time they have had him sit on
the side of the bed a time or two just to build up that strength but don't
want to risk loosing him off the bed.

The trial of reducing that last med didn't go so hot, so we put it back on
and will try again a little more slowly.  He doesn't want to eat a whole lot
cause "it just goes through me and I have to .....you know"  Anyone that's
been in the hospital knows "you know" is not pleasant in a bed!!!

David remains weak but a little more awake each time I see him.  He has
returned to his self of wanting me in the room and always ask if I'm going
to be back.

That whole day of not wanting me in there, for those of you who were worried
or that I was upset, was ok with me.  David needed that day to really
concentrate (even though he might not have been real conscious) and use
every bit of strength to fight pain and that.  I knew he would do that and
apologize to any one who that upset.  It didn't upset me so its' ok.

Thanks to everyone who had input to my other problem yesterday.  The plan
now is that David's sister Trish just so happens to be able to come and sit
with the kids for a time.  Her kids are a little more grown and she would
like to come and help.

If David moves out of ICU tonight or even the AM my plan is still to return
home either tomorrow or possible Sunday.  This way I can make ready to have
David come home and also deal with whatever has gone on at home that no one
told me about cause "they didn't want to bother me"  (evil grin).

So, things are keeping going here.  I even have a room for the whole weekend
if I need it so that is settled.  I'll have a place to lay my head and a
shower to enjoy.

The ICU staff have been real good at allowing me to stay in longer than the
5'rule.  So I may be in there most of the afternoon.  If you need to reach
me either call the ICU waiting room or call the ICU directly 208-381-4415.
If you're in the neighborhood and planned to stop in, again stop at the ICU
waiting room on the 3rd floor.  If I'm not in there you can either ask the
volunteer to call the ICU or use one of the phones and call in there and ask
for me, I'll come out.

Love to all.
Cecilia