[Artemisia] Scruffy the Master Smooge

tangl tangl at myway.com
Fri Mar 31 19:27:59 CST 2006

I couldn't believe how much I had forgotten what Scruff looked like. I knew his hair was this wild briar, but forgot just how wild it was, like the patch at the bottom of the slope in The Lion King. That red and blak outfit is similar to one he wore at an An Tiran event once where he made the comment, "Not muh damn kingdom, monkeyboy."

I remember he did this thing with his lips whenever he drank from a straw. I remember sitting on the bed in his frightening appartment that we shared for a while and talking about how if the Bishop of Durham (named Richard, which, for some reason, I never made the connection at the time) ever were to have that intimate relationship with Tanglwyst, that it's possible their love would fade as he resented her turning him from the path he was on. However, if they *didn't*, then he would never love another woman in his life.

Scruffy would be appalled at y'all for idolizing him like this, but he'd be lapping it up. He always wanted to be a founding baron, because THAT was true infamy, for no matter who sat the throne, you would always be "Baron Scruffyland". Of course he would be honored that we have the Sun in Splendor, which hey, if you can't be founding baron, be the impetus for an entire Order.

There are people in our lives on a daily basis that we don't realize how much they matter until they leave us. Scruffy sure wasn't that guy. But ya know what? He would probably own a "Tangl the BoD" bumper sticker, but to him, it wouldn't be a joke.

Maitresse Tanglwyst de Holloway
Barony of Arn Hold
Kingdom of Artemisia

-If you can't be a good example, at least you can be a horrible warning.~ Catherine