[Artemisia] Evening report

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Fri Mar 31 22:16:01 CST 2006

Good evening gentle Artemesia,

David is doing ok.  He still is not able to stand on his right leg unless a
3rd party is keeping it in place.  Therapy did have him stand-up/sit down 3
times but only with locking his knee in place and keeping pressure on it.
He has no feeling in the leg from about the knee down.  It is hoped that it
is a temp problem that will resolve quickly.

On the plus side we did make progress in reducing the last med that his
helping his blood pressure.  While we didn't get it all the way off we did
get it down quite far.  The bed he is in is really, really neat and even
though he wasn't up in a chair at the bedside, we made the bed INTO a chair
so he did sit up like that for about 1/2hr.  He was wiped afterwards but he
did it.

If they can work on keeping the med down possible by morning we can take out
a couple more tubes and move him out of ICU but the blood pressure is
critical.  It is ironic that one problem Dave's has had was extremely high
blood pressure and now we're dealing with extremely low blood pressure.  His
body is just not used to 82/48!!!!

Well here's hoping tomorrow is even better than today.

Will keep everyone posted.  Love to all

YIS,
Mst. Cecilia