[Artemisia] Scruffy the Master Smooge

Dan S. wyddershin at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 31 21:51:26 CST 2006

Greetings,

As long as we are sharing...

My favorite Scruffy story is one that lives on to this day.

For years I refused to participate with the Heralds in the submission
process. I came upon a scheme that used their  own rules against them and it
drove Aldwin to distraction.

You see, a device (last I checked) was that a submission could only sit at
Kingdom, Principality or Society level for 6 months. After that it either
had to pass or was returned. However there are two caveats.

#1 You can use your device while it's 'in the process of submission'

#2 There is no stated time limit on LOCAL consultation.

So... for the last 18 years or so, my device has been 'in the process of
submission at the local level'. When I was Baron, and Shannon Campbell (who
has since changed his names a view times) threatened to pay the 6$ himself
and send it in, I made if very plain that my device was to stay at the local
level or someone would be fired.

Aldwin and I used to go round and round about it. Anyone that knows Aldwin
knows he loved nothing more than to argue and debate, especially about
things like this. It was our 'schtick' even after I moved out to An Tir.

I still don't submit my heraldry, even though it would likely pass. Aldwin
would have been heartbroken if anyone but him would handle the paperwork,
and I like to think of him looking down shaking his fist at me even today.

And that makes us both grin like fools I think.

In Service,

Sir Daniel