[Artemisia] RE: Silent Heraldry

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Wed May 3 09:59:59 CDT 2006

Mistress Malkin,

>At the moment, my real world includes proper funeral arangements for a
>great grandfather who passed away Monday at the age of 102.  This is only
>four months after making funeral arrangements for a grandfather in
>Feburary, and dealing with a less-than-friendly mundane clergy.

My condolences for your loss. I, too, suffered a series of deaths in the
family some years ago; it is indeed exhausting when Life hits you with
multiple sorrows in quick succession.

>Along the way ... there has been a need identified for a silent heralds
>program.  That project is in infancy but is progressing.  I would LOVE to
>have someone step up and take it over.  Anyone???

Loch Salann is working on it. We haven't made any formal announcements
because we wanted to have something firmly in place first. As the Wasatch
Front is home to a rather large school for the deaf, not to mention
everyone's favorite Deaf Blonde Guy (Sieg's words, not mine), it seemed
appropriate that we take up the charge.

The program is moving slowly--at the moment the Barony is a bit preoccupied
with replacing stolen regalia, rebuilding the youth boffer program, and
organizing local events. But we are working on it.

Aurora de Portugal
BLS