[Artemisia] Fiber Workshops in Gryphon's Lair (note: different location)

Sandra Holladay sandrah at webpipe.net
Sun May 14 22:09:15 CDT 2006

A reminder for those fiber enthusiasts out there.

Fiber Workshop
Date: Saturday, May 20, 2006
Time: Come as early as 10:00 a.m. and stay till you want to quit

Enjoy a day with other fiber nuts and share your enthusiasm and knowledge.

You can work on a project of your own, or we can provide
assistance/instruction or tools in:

1.	Wash/dry fleece
2.	Prepare wool fibers
	a.	Carding (hand and drum)
	b.	Combing (Viking combs)
	c.	Flicking (if you don’t know what any of these are, come and find out)
3.	Spin Wool top, roving, rolags, whatever we have
	a.	Drop spindle
	b.	Spinning wheel
4. 	Knitting/Crocheting
5. 	Table Weaving

In short, if it is anything to do with fiber, we’ll give it a try.  Come
join us for a fun day.  Come in comfortable old clothing (you might get
dirty/dyed on, etc. so good outfits are not recommended).

No children please.  If they are old enough and interested enough to
participate in the workshop without constant supervision, then they are
welcome.

(For ease in planning, the next workshop is currently scheduled for
Saturday, June 24, 2006, and will be held at the Gryphon's Lair Baronial
Championship event.  If there is anything special anyone wants to work on,
please let Lady Mom or myself know in advance so we can be sure to have the
proper equipment at the event.)

Sponsored by THL Marisa nic Griogar and the ever fiber ready Lady Mom (THL
Eneas MacConcarrigy).

Location:
597 West 1750 North
Clinton, Utah
We’ll be in the back yard.
Potluck snacks or lunch items (depending on how long you plan on staying)
are welcome but not necessary.

Lady Mom’s Home number: 801.825.6949
Marisa’s cell: 801.389.0932