[Artemisia] Non member fee questions

Megen hlmegen at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 13:11:04 CDT 2006

I have been asked to pay non-member charges for my children as well.  It was only once though.  All I did was politely remind the reeve that memberships are not required for people under the age of 16 therefore she could not charge that.  She was really nice and just had no idea about the age limit needed for memberships.  My opinion would be to just tell the person this.  If they still insist you could always ask to speak to the autocrat or seneschal, but I doubt it would go that far.  You are not required to pay it.

  Megen

Syeira <ladysyeira at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I have 2 questions on non-member fees. I am a member but my children are not being only 6 and 11.
I don't want anyone to think I am being nasty about this I just wondered.
1. On the society FAQ page(http://www.sca.org/docs/scafaq.pdf) under membership and questions about NMS it states that a non-member fee is not charged on a discounted minor fee for an event but at every event I have been to I am being charged this for my 6 yr old. Is it due to a lack of acurate information given to people at Troll or a misunderstanding of the policy?
Why is the non-member fee listed as $5.00 for Uprising when the society page says $3 is the fee?

Curious and budgeting for events
YIS,
Lady Syeira of Schattentor

Lady Syeira of Schattentor, mother of DragonBait