[Artemisia] NMS and Site Fees

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Thu May 18 15:44:34 CDT 2006

There have been "member discounts" for events throughout my time in the SCA, even when there wasn't a corporate non-member surcharge.  While I agree this should only be applied to adult site fees, how is charging an additional amount above corporate requirements any different than allowing a "discount with proof of membership", something that has been done throughout the known world for a long time?  This is not new, what is different in my estimation is that $3.00 of a non-members site fee is going to the corporation.

Please let me know your opinions on this matter.  It goes along with some relatively recent discussion (about 5 weeks ago) on the Grand Council list, and I will be bringing this up there once I hear back from anyone who chooses to answer to try to get more information.

~thea
Dame Theodora of Trebizond, OP
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia
At-Large Member of the Grand Council

"You are all learners, doers, teachers."  -Richard Bach

 --- On Thu 05/18, Sandra Holladay < sandrah at webpipe.net > wrote:

<snip>
I do not find anything in writing to support John's statement of "It should be stated that a group however MAY charge more, or even add their own additional NMS fees to minors if they choose to."  When the BOD's written statement says "The NMS will not be collected for minors for whom there is a discounted event fee." To me, that means it will not be done.  If exceptions are to be allowed, then the BOD ruling should state so.  If there is such a statement from the BOD, and I missed it in skimming the minutes, I would appreciate knowing so.
<snip>