[Artemisia] Youth activities WAS NMS and Site Fees

Syeira ladysyeira at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 17:57:32 CDT 2006

Hopefully, we will have more Youth activities that will be interesting here soon. There are a lot of things coming with the youth program. Much room for improvement.
  As far as I am concerned (which right now is running Youth activities for BLA and Raptor) If the kids have suggestions on what they would like to do I am more than will to listen.
  I know what you mean by a GLOOMY event for all. I spend all my time chasing Emily and miss a lot of things because they happen when Fernando is on the field and I can let Emily loose because she is too young. I am hoping to find solutions to this by being involved in planning Youth activities and not being turned into a babysitter for others.( been there, done that, not doing it again) It is what turned me off of doing youth activities before this.

  Syeira

Freydis the Good <freydisthegood at gmail.com> wrote:
   I am in complete agreement on the "This is not a baby
sitting service" thing, but if the kids go, it can end up a three way
TUG-O-WAR, nobody wins and it makes for a GLOOMY event for all of us,
so why pay more? (If I'm missing something on how to make EVERYONE
happy, PLEASE email me privately)

Now don't get me wrong, I LIKE taking the kids to events and do my
best to schedule time for everyone, but my opinions are, if the
majority of the time they are there, they are just "playing" with
other teen age friends, why are we charging them more, even if they
are not a member?

Lady Syeira of Schattentor, mother of DragonBait