[Artemisia] NMS and Site Fees

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Thu May 18 19:06:41 CDT 2006

Greetings!

I have been following this discussion today, and I guess I am reading the
'rules' different from some.  The *society* does not charge a non-member fee
to children under age 16.  Ok.  That means that a group holding an event
does not send NMFs for kids to society.  The *society* does charge adult
non-members a $3 fee.  So the group holding the event must send $3 for each
non-member that attends to society.

No place does society, or our Kingdom tell individual groups what they can
or cannot charge for the events that they hold.  So as I understand things,
a group, for example 1000 Eyes, can charge a non-member fee of $5 for an
event, for example Uprising, send $3 of that fee to society for every adult
non-member that attends, and keep the remainder at the Baronial level.    I
can also find nothing that 'controls' site fees charged to children.  That
is up to the group hosting the event.   I'm not saying that I either agree
or disagree with what or how children are charged.  I'm just saying that
unless I have missed reading something someplace, the amounts a group
charges for it's events - be they site fees, member discounts, or non-member
fees - are not regulated by either society or our kingdom's rules, except to
the extent that $3 per non-member attending events must be sent to society.
The rest is up to individual groups.  And my *opinion* is that we have
enough rules and it should stay that way.   Who knows better than those
putting on an event what they must charge to cover their costs?

Just my shilling's worth -
Gefjon