[Artemisia] Youth Fees

Syeira ladysyeira at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 12:21:17 CDT 2006

The only thing I saw was the statememt that we need a standarized AGE for Youth fees not the fees themselves. And I agree whole heartedly!
  My personal opinion is that the age should be either 16 or 18. It was brought up before that it is wrong to charge someone an extra fee if they cannot legally buy a membership nor can they participate in all activities (depending on the age requirement for activities in each kingdom).

  Just my opinion,
  Syeira

"Theodora (AKA Rachael)" <ladythea at myway.com> wrote:

That page only addressed the BoD institiued NMS, and the money that goes to the corporation. It does not address the other issues that have been presented. It says that no more and no less than $3.00 **goes to the corporation** - it does not say that groups cannot charge more. The corporation1 says NO YOUTH should be charged the corporate surcharge. If they are paying an adult site fee and getting the benefit of adult activites, the NMS should apply.

As far as a standard youth site fee throughout the Kingdom - I don't know how realistic that is. Some sites charge more for use of spaces that are conducive to youth activities. Some groups spend a lot of money on youth activities. Should they be told they cannot charge an appropriate site fee? I firmly believe that non-adult site fees should be used for activities to benefit those youth/teens. If that is not happening, maybe a site fee shouldn't be charged for them at all. But that is another story.

~thea

"You are all learners, doers, teachers." -Richard Bach