[Artemisia] Happy Armed Forces Day!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun May 21 22:43:48 CDT 2006

 I'm a once-and-forever pacifist hippy protestor type, having sprung from my
mother's womb with "I question authority" tattooed across my forehead.  I
may have a bellow fit for a marine drill sargeant, but I would never
(personally) join a branch of the military, for personal ethical, etc, etc.
reasons beyond my complete disdain for most forms of authority.
Doesn't mean I can't honor the choices of those who do choose that path,
which is why I felt free to make the original post on the Aerie about it
yesterday.  I know it's not my path, and I'm cool with that.  I'm also in
awe of good parents, teachers, nurses and doctors, good wait staff, athletes
with the proper attitude towards their sports, and the Dahlai Lama.  Anyone
who serves, with passion and heart and risk is pretty damned special, as far
as I'm concerned, whether I understand it or not! ;o)
--Maire