[Artemisia] RE: Voice Herald competition

Raven Macleod ravenmacleod at comcast.net
Sun May 28 10:37:55 CDT 2006

Mistress Rebecca and interested voice heralds...

Her Majesty and Her Highness inspired by the flourish of voice heraldry
on display at St. Pyres decided that there should be more of it, so to
help encourage the people of Artemisia to that end they decided to have
a voice heraldry competition.

They would like to hear fighters heralded to the field with all
flourish, pomp and circumstance that the herald can muster. The would
like the gathered populace to hear bouquets of words that would turn
hearts, shake confidences and let all know that these are worthy men and
women of cote armor.

Below are the words of the character Chaucer from the movie "A Knights
Tale" so you won't have to watch it if you don't want to.

	Entrance the first:

	Chaucer: You're good. You're very good. My lords, my ladies, and
everybody else here not sitting on a cushion!
	[crowd roars]
	Chaucer: Today... today, you find yourselves equals.
	[crowd roars]
	Chaucer: For you are all equally blessed. For I have the pride,
the 	privilege, nay, the pleasure of introducing to you to a knight,
sired 	by knights. A knight who can trace his lineage back beyond
Charlemagne. I first met him atop a mountain near Jerusalem, praying
to God, asking his forgiveness for the Saracen blood spilt by his
sword. Next, he amazed me still further in Italy when he saved a
fatherless beauty from the would-be ravishing of her dreadful Turkish
uncle.
	[crowd, boo]
	Chaucer: In Greece he spent a year in silence just to better
understand the sound of a whisper. And so without further gilding the
lily and with no more ado, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the
protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one,
the only, Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein!
	[crowd roars]
	Chaucer: Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

	Entrance the second:

	Chaucer: Yes, behold my lord Ulrich, the rock, the hard place,
like a 	wind from Guilderland he sweeps by blown far from his homeland
in 	search of glory and honor, we walk in the garden of his
turbulence.

	Entrance the third:

	Chaucer: Good people, I missed my introduction. But please...
Please I 	pray you, hear it now, for I would lay rest the grace in
my tongue and 	speak plainly. Days like these are far too rare to
cheapen with heavy 	handed words, and so, I'm afraid without any ado
whatsoever... Excuse 	me My Lord... Here he is, one of your own, born
a stone's throw from 	this very stadium, and here before you now, the
son of John 	Thatcher... Sir Wiiiiiilliam Thatcheeer.

So let us, with our words, dear heralds of this our fair kingdom of
Artemisia, let us make women swoon and men quake as we let the word know
that the lord or lady that we herald is a harbinger of doom to all that
oppose them or perhaps simply am worthie of cote armor whose valor upon
the field and virtue off make them a person of note indeed.

Your servant,
Raven MacLeod