[Artemisia] RE: competitions at Uprising

John Gibson scjd at poboxes.com
Sun May 28 14:56:59 CDT 2006

	That is correct.  This is the third year we are running a form of Royal
Sponsored Rapier Tournament, and this year I wanted to try and get involved
as many people as possible, which is why instead of it being the Rose and
Butterfly Tournament, it is the Coronet Sponsored Tournament.  Any person
who has been so recognized as a Royal of the SCA, from Princesses to Court
Barons (Ladies first gents) may sponsor a single champion to fight in their
honor.  I will not place a limit on a Queen for stated reasons (even though
I hope she only accepts 1 champion), but every other royal including His
Royal Majesty is limited to a single Champion.  Their is also no "sex"
discrimination, as a Duchess may choose one champion and her Duke may choose
another.  I would also like the heralds to have a ball announcing the
rounds, and plan a procession at the start of the Tournament.  After all
this is our 20th Uprising, and I would so enjoy a bit of posh and ceremony.

	Also while taking this moment, I would like to thank all the Royals, who
have graciously decided to participate Saturday in the "Children's Court", a
full Royal court where only our children will be the ones being recognized.