[Artemisia] Rules for Field Heraldry Competition

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Tue May 30 13:16:32 CDT 2006

Greetings, all.

I have recevied word from Her Highness regarding the voice heraldry competiton at Uprising.  The following are her words.  Please pass these words among the populace via other mailing lists, etc.

"Depending on the number of entrants, they will be broken up during the tournament to announce either individual fighters (NOT of their choosing)or bouts. The ladies of the gallery (of Our chosing) will be given small tokens with which to vote on each entrant after each of their performances.  At the end of each round (again, in lieu of how many entrants their are) a certain number of entrants with the lowest number of total tokens at the end of each round will be eliminated. Therefore the finals should, in theory at least, all happen at the same time. A Knights Tale is only an example of a flourished and grandiose style with which one might draw inspiration. It is by no means the standard or the rule. Everything is invited, so long is it pleases the delicate ears of the ladies of the gallery.

All entrants into the competition are to meet with me 30 minutes before the begining of the unbelted tournament, on the field for instructions. All entrants must sign up two hours prior to this with myself, or at the Reeve's table at the entrance to site. Those not on the list by the time the 30 minute meeting is to happen, had better have an excellent reasoning."

If there are any further questions, please let me know and I will do my best to get them answered.  I am also offering an additional prize for the most forsooth sounding entry (my choice alone)  :)  The additional "rule" for that is that I will be choosing the winner by listening for the most period sounding and well executed entry.

~thea

"You are all learners, doers, teachers."  -Richard Bach