[Artemisia] Pay to Play

Michael the Loud hanhebin at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 11:58:23 CST 2006

> After reading other posts and thinking about it, I
> don't see a problem with non-members getting local
> awards

I kind of do...  Problem with this argument is this is
a problem the SCA has inflicted on itself.  If the
cord isn't cut we are going be having this same
discussion for probably another 10 years.

There will always be a very few that truly cannot
afford membership.  If an individual was up for an
award and a membership issue was a hangup then there
will probably always be somebody that will quietly
solve the problem or the award will simply be placed
on hold until the problem rights itself.

Michael