[Artemisia] Pay to Play

Tony Palmer liamthered at cableone.net
Wed Nov 1 16:15:41 CST 2006

Piping in here...
We (Twae Linnes) have always waived site fee for new players at there first
event. It is a benefit to the group as a whole, as it encourages new players
to come and "check it out". It has never been an issue. As far as the NMS;
If you read the rules, it is only for people paying full rate site fees.
Discounted fee people are not subject to the NMS (unless I completely
misunderstood the discussion on that awhile back).
We have also raffled off a membership at an event as a fundraiser for the
Shire. It has usually (but not always) worked out that someone who does not
have a membership, but would like to have one, wins it.

Liam