[Artemisia] Re: Pay to play - archery.

Michael the Loud hanhebin at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 10:58:28 CST 2006

Caid is another.  Down in Caid they are overly
concerned about about the California laws but I think
their authorization process is an over-reaction.  Work
had me in California for a few months this summer and
California was more archery friendly and had better
facilities than we have here in Utah.

Archery is rather strange in the SCA.  Of the martial
aspects of the society it is typically the least
organize and the poorest run.  I know of one kingdom
where this isn't true but for the most part archery is
a horse of a different color.  Archery is also unlike
the fighting disciplines and I don't know if
authorizations are needed.  Most are over-reactions to
some issue that could be easily handled

Michael