[Artemisia] What should be in the KWHB

tangl tangl at myway.com
Tue Nov 7 09:10:33 CST 2006

I agree with Alan on those points. Everyone uses it and the KWHB covered just about everything.

We DO, despite effort by some of us, live in an electronic age and a section of website links with a little descriptor regarding what they encompass would be great. Even if the weblinks are included at the end of the articles, like the link to the scribal site of Calontir to show off some of those amazing, museum quality works that inspire us all, instead of having their own section, it will keep us a bit more cutting edge. And, although I recognize that sometimes websites change, there are certain websites that have remained the same since their inception.

Having it acknowledged that, although we recreate the Middle Ages, we don't actually live in them, will help keep the book appealing to young people. (Then again, it's not like I've ever managed to KEEP a copy of the KWHB for more than a year... the KWHB clowns keep eating them while I sleep, I think.)

Oh and a printing of the most current rapier armor standards would be helpful. Those change about every 5-10 years so we have a while before they alter those again.

Maitresse Tanglwyst de Holloway
Barony of Arn Hold
Kingdom of Artemisia

-"Acquitted" is not the same as "innocent."