[Artemisia] Re: Artemisia Digest, Vol 38, Issue 14

Yaasamiin Yaasamiina at rmci.net
Tue Nov 7 19:16:53 CST 2006

I have successfully controlled ants in the house by crossing their paths with a squeeze of lemon... they just leave. That's acetic. I also found that mint leaves works well at deterring carpenter ants.
Yaas

Since vinegar is acetic acid, IMO it counts as
chemical warfare on ants.  It would make sense that
some vegetation would be more sensitive to acids, even
in mild concentrations such as vinegar.  And there is
some evidence that acetic acid may inhibit plant
growth (Gussin and Lynch, 1982).

Has anyone spoken to the property managers / owners
regarding their recommendations / suggestions for
dealing with ants on the property?

Katherine the Inquisitive
Barony of Arn Hold