[Artemisia] Re: Artemisia Digest, Vol 38, Issue 19

marmaeve marmaeve at aros.net
Sat Nov 11 12:44:20 CST 2006

Unto Morgan Blaidd Duand to the others on the list, Greetings,

While I may agree it is perhaps an overreaction, I must point out a
couple of things that were my reason for doing so.

1)"Paige" did not approach the SCA cleanly. If she had posted "I'm a
producer involved in Wife Swap and we'd be interested in..."

2) Her comments of "Respect" for us obviously weren't true.

3) I do not agree that the fact that an organization is "Weird" gives
anyone the right to try to use it to their profit and it's detriment.

While I respect most sincerely your position, I must point out that
people do complain about people doing their jobs, the server in the
restaurant that can't get the order right, the mechanic that won't fix
the problem, the teacher who doesn't listen. There are millions of
people doing their jobs out there that get complained about, right or
wrong, and having spent far too long in the complaints department, I've
heard most of them.

My problem was two fold, the misrepresentation of what Paige claimed to
be doing, requiring the calls that Seneschals made to clarify what she
was asking about, and the fact that her production company thought we
were a group that they could take 'advantage' of. Having survived a
couple of similar incidents that cost Corporate a great deal of money,
it would be chivalrous in my mind to put a stop to it before it becomes
'Jenny Jones'.

That was my thought, not that we should complain that Paige was doing a
'great' job, but that she was misrepresenting herself and that the idea
that a group was 'different' did not mean that it should be used so. I
would say the same for every group from the Amish to the Zenobian
re-creators. It's not a proper way to go and can cause Corporate grief
later.

Taking advantage of any group is anathema to me, period, I don’t care
how ‘weird’ they are.

I appreciate your comments as you treated me with the respect due to an
equal and despite your disagreement with my points you were respectful.

In Service with thanks,
Maeve Mac
marmaeve at aros.net