[Artemisia] TV shows - OT - Weirdo's

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 08:32:19 CST 2006

Oh COME ON!!

  We ARE a bunch of weirdo's.  Just not in the MOST negative sense of the word.

  How NORMAL is it that I'm not comfortable camping unless I'm wearing brais?  Or that I drive around with my ARMOR in my trunk all the time.  I have more good medieval outfits than mundane outfits.  I have full Elizabethan, including ruff, but I don't own a suit.

  Maybe YOU all don't consider that weird, but looking at it objectively, I'd say it was pretty odd at least.  :)   Don't tell me you all don't think that at least me and Therasia aren't more than a little strange.  Shoot, that list is long AND distinguished.

  Anyway . . . .

  Conrad v Z.

Dame Theodora <damethea at inbox.com> wrote:
  I appreciate these comments, and I apologize if my original message sounded like I was trying to tell people that they could not participate if they chose to. I wrote my original message in haste, and realized that what I was trying to convey came across in another manner.

My concern was that this production company has made a point of seeking out SCAdians. People that have dealt with them said that the production company intended to make the individual's SCA participation a main focus if they were on the show. And I really just did not want anyone to go into it unaware.

As I stated to someone who sent these same concerns to me off list - I really have no opinion if someone goes on a reality show and says "I participate in a medieval recreation group" or something to that effect. I have somewhat of an issue if that person goes on the show, and through their choosing or that of the producers of the show, and the SCA is portrayed as a bunch of wierdos or something similarly negative.

Again, my apologies for a poorly worded post. I sincerely only intended to look out for my fellow Artemisians and the reputation of the Society we all enjoy.

Take care,
Thea
Dame Theodora of Trebizond, OP
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia

-> give their opinion and advice, which is what is happening here.