[Artemisia] Re:TV shows - They Got One

Dame Rachel (Thaya Shaeffer) damethaya at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 16:41:22 CST 2006

OK I searched the Internet to find the date and times.  I am certain that the teaser said "this Friday on Wife Swap" and that is also what Baron Tor is certain they said.  However I checked on TV Guide.com and it shows that Wife Swap usually airs on Monday nights on ABC, so check your local listings.  I also found something on tvguide.com that this coming Monday is a Charlie Brown special on ABC and then Wife Swap is scheduled to air again next Monday on 11/27 but the synopsis of that episode for 11/27 is not the one with the medieval couple that the teaser I saw was speaking about.  So maybe it is an upcoming episode???  Also, our local channels sometime do repeats of network shows later in the week, so now I am not certain????  If anyone finds out more, please let me know as I am interested in watching.
  Fondly,
  Baroness Rachel of Arn Hold

Bruce Padget <bapadget at yahoo.com> wrote:
  What network? Besides being (probably) snarkalicious
fun, every now and then SCA-like groups come off okay
in such things, as with "Knight Riders" and the
"Onion" piece about the SCA taking over Russia.

The trouble with regulating media contact is that,
like so many regulations in the SCA, the folks who
hear it don't need it, and the folks who need it don't
hear it. I'm sure many have noted the phenomenon of
the local reporter talking to the wackest wackjob at
the event, who is delighted to help because, for the
first time in years, someone is actually speaking to
him...

Then again, maybe planned media contacts aren't so hot
either. I was set up for an interview with a local
channel in Arrow's Flight. I can only assume that
pretty reporter told the truth when she said they
weren't recording as I used the opening monologue from
"The Libertine" for the sound and lighting check.

Regards,
Niccolo
("...and you will not like me.")
bapadget at yahoo.com

--- Dawn Tavares
wrote:

> Dame Rachel piqued my curiosity:
>
> > ...This Friday the episode of Wife Swaps that
> will air appears to
> >involve an SCA couple. The teaser clips showed
> both the wife and husband
> >in full armor (nice armor I might add) and one of
> them mounted doing
> >equestrian SCA style lance target tilting. <
>
> OK, so who has a large-screen TV and wants to host
> Friday Knights' Viewing?
> A circle of friends, a little snacking, a lot of
> snarking....I'll bring the
> popcorn and soda.
>

> Aurora in BLS
> who doesn't usually indulge
> in trash TV

“There have always been tyrants, and for a time
   they prosper.  But they always lose in the end, always.”
- M Gandhi
  SCA:  Dame Rachel Ravenlock, OP
Legal: Mrs. Thaya G. Shaeffer
Kingdom of Artemisia, Barony of Arn Hold
(208) 322-3444 before 9:00pm MST please!