[Artemisia] Re:TV shows - They Got One

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at mac.com
Thu Nov 16 19:25:54 CST 2006

Ok everyone,

I read the bio in depth on the family who does the reenactment of medieval
Hx.  They don't mention the SCA per se but they do mention another
"activity" the father is "involved" with.  He is a major in the US
military!!

Now while I am in total agreement with Her Grace Caryn in that the news
media NEVER get our story right, and I don't routinely trust them, I must
also state that the military is very, very specific and "picky" when it
comes to their officers being represented in the media.  You can bet the
public liaison for this man's unit/command/base was involved pretty hefty
with the network before the first camera even rolled on the project.

So while I won't be watching this show tomorrow night.  I feel a little more
at ease knowing that if it is the SCA their involved with, the portrayal
won't be as bad as we fear.

Cecilia