[Artemisia] Saint Alan

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Mon Nov 27 14:03:58 CST 2006

Greetings all!

For a little education (what we are here for, after all!), it takes two
verified Miracles to be beatified,
and thereby getting the title Blessed. Three Miracles and you are
canonized and declared a Saint.

Saint Alan has three Miracles completely verified and recorded - those
who were at Baronial Birthday
this past week heard the story of the haybales which is one of the
Miracles, as recited by Duke Basil.
The Blessed Corisande has had two Miracles verified - one of which is
that she is married to a Saint,
which is a Miracle in and of itself. :-D

I'll be speaking today with the scribe who wrote down the Miracles a few
years ago to see about getting permission
to write them up for inclusion on the Kingdom website. She might also
allow for the Rule of the Order
of Saint Alan to be put up.

The Hymn of Saint Alan is actually a co-opting of an existing piece, as
it fits so well. From Gilbert and Sullivan's
'The Pirates of Penzance', the song 'A Policeman's Lot is Not a Happy
One' has been declared as the official
Hymn of the Saint (and has been performed at least once to honor our
Saint in his hearing).

Stay tuned for more information, if you dare!

Sister Garrolous