[Artemisia] Bronzehelm Schola

JACQUELINE ZIEGLER shauna at bresnan.net
Sun Oct 1 11:35:15 CDT 2006

Greetings!

Well, the event was a success and I am pleased to announce that the following
individuals received recognition and reward during the evening feast and
Court:

Theophania of Hythe, Bronzehelm, Award of Arms
Corwin of Bronzehelm, Bronzehelm, Award of Arms
Angrim the Unreasonable, Bronzehelm, Golden Sun in Splendour
Isabeau McLeod, Bronzehelm, Golden Sun in Splendour
Til the Lucky, Bronzehelm, Golden Sun in Splendour
Wavrin the Wanderer, Bronzehelm, Golden Gryphon's Talon
Anisah MacEohn, Silver Keep, Golden Pillar
Wulf the Yeoman, Stan Wyrm, Golden Sun in Splendour

In addition,

Lady Arwen de Redvers, Castelleone Nuovo, was made a member of the Royal Hunt
Sir Daman MacMillan, Bronzehelm, was made a member of the Royal Cavalry
Wavrin the Wanderer, Bronzehelm, and Til the Lucky, Bronzehelm, were made
members of the Royal Guard.

Her Ladyship Aletheia Isidora of Philae was Court Herald, and she did a fine
job. All of the scrolls that were presented were full and complete scrolls,
not promissory scrolls, and all of the scribes were recognized. The
illumination class had done some scroll blanks, with each one being signed on
the back, and these were presented to Their Majesties for use in later
recognitions. There were two blanks that the entire class worked on, and all
of their names were on those scrolls as well.

All of the people attending went to at least one class, the teachers were all
pleased with both the attendance and attentiveness of the students, and the
Ukranian Egg Painting class was able to go for two hours. Her Majesty Tiana
finished her egg in that time and put her effort into the Silent Auction.
Between the Silent Auction and the Coffee Bar and lunch snack donations we
raised between $50 and $75 for the Kingdom Travel Fund. When I get the final
event report from our Exchequer I will have a final total.

The fighting classes and the open fighting outside were well attended, with
about 15 people in the classes and a dozen or so in the general fighting.
There were about a dozen duelists who also held some outdoor teaching and
fighting, so there was truly a little something for everyone.

I do want to apologize for any archers who felt slighted by not including
their activities as well, but with the site being in a residential area (not
to mention the herd of about 20 antelope that were just to the East of the
fighting area all day) it was not really feasible. Maybe next time! :-D

I especially want to thank the people who stayed with me to finish the cleanup
-Lord Eoin MacClulich, Lady Sine Fergusson of Kintyre, m'Lady Iliana and her
husband m'Lord Hugh. With their help along with some newcomers (who cleaned up
the bathrooms and hauled trash!) that I had invited, we were able to close the
hall 12 minutes before the site doors were to be closed per the event
announcement!

I had a lot of help all day long, and before the event as well, from quite a
few people in the Shire. Most especially Mistress Caointairn for her wonderful
feast and all her support in the weeks leading up to the event and also
Mistress Morgan of Hawksreach, who was wonderful all day at the event helping
both myself and Mistress Caointairn with all the little things that happen
during the day.

Things went so smoothly that the only time I had to really 'do' anything was
when someone asked me where the extra toilet paper was, and I just got some
more from the janitor's closet in the kitchen and restocked the ladies
restroom.

In closing, it was a long day but a fun one, and I once again want to thank
all the teachers from within Bronzehelm as well as those who traveled to visit
us to share their knowledge. Teaching is what makes or breaks an event like
this, and you all did a wonderful job.

Baroness Shauna of Carrick Point
Northclyf Pursuivant
(tired but happy) Event Steward