[Artemisia] Maple

Julia Jackman-Brink julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Tue Oct 10 16:16:49 CDT 2006

Reuben and Arwen wrote:

> How do I subscribe to The Maple?  Can you
> contribute an article if you aren't a Laurel?  Arwen

For those who are new. The Maple is our Kingdom's A&S Newsletter, when
there is material to publish, it comes out at least once a year,
sometimes twice (I think the most was 3 times.)

I'm the coordinator, editor, and babysitter. I think my info is still in
the Sage, if not, give me a buzz on private mail. Email is great.

Subscription rates on the A&S website are seriously out of date. It is
running more like $10/year because of the new postage/mailing rates.
(Generally covers 2 large issues--again dependent on submissions).

Checks should be made out to "Kingdom of Artemisia, SCA Inc." in the
name line and "attn: Maple" in the bottom subject line. Mailing
information comes to me.

PLEASE WAIT ON MAILING NEW SUBSCRIPTIONS, MONIES, ETC!!!

NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
========================

The Maple is currently in limbo because I have had ZERO items to publish
in the past two years....(well I have three articles, and two are mine,
but that is it, makes a thin newsletter.)  If we get enough interest or
submissions again I'll put a new call out, and then everyone can jump
back on board...but there is no sense sending money for newsletter that
I can't print.

FYI- If you had a past subscription, you probably still have issues due
on the books, so any outstanding subscriptions will start up again
when/if the Maple goes back into print. I keep a lovely database I can
check.

SUBMISSIONS:
No, you do not have to be a laurel to contribute, in fact, I insist that
it be open to all. Send away. Art, book reviews, etc. We'll take them
all. If you aren't sure about your grammar or formatting skills, well,
that's my job...Submittors, get a gratis copy of the newsletter their
material is in.

Glad to hear there is interest again. :)

Juliana
Maple Editor