[Artemisia] Infantry and Horses

Yaasamiina Yaasamiina at rmci.net
Fri Oct 13 18:50:00 CDT 2006

Interesting info that came across one of my newsgroups last month in
preparation for Hastings this weekend. Posted by one of my SCA
Equestrian Heros, Duke Henrik of Havn. Enjoy
Yaasamiin
Newly appointed Society Deputy of Equestrian Affairs
(((*)))

Infantry and Horses interacting in combat - during  Battle of Hastin
Posted by: "Henrik Olsgaard" duke_henrik at hotmail.com   henrikofhavn
Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:53 pm (PST)
As many of you know, October 14 will be the 940th anniversary of the Battle
of Hastings. Those of us participating in the reenactment of this battle,
whether mounted or on foot should read and heed the folowing as it may apply
to you.

For others who may only engage in seperate , either Equestrian or Foot,
combat activities, the folowing may be of interest from a practical and/or
historical perspective, and may even have future application in SCA or
other reenactment activities, yet to be determined.

I hope some of you will be interested.

I have appended to the bottom of this post, a copy of the latest numbers of
participants registered to be at the Battle of Hastings reenactment next
month. This report was issued about two weeks ago, and so doesn't reflect
the final totals expected.

Henrik of Havn