[Artemisia] Crown Tourney

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 11:46:47 CDT 2006

To the congratulations and felicitations already expressed let me add a
heartfelt thank-you to the autocrats and the Shire of Arrows Flight as a
whole. They pulled out all the stops to make this day memorable, beautiful,
and enjoyable for all the guests. I was particularly delighted to see the
number of youth rendering service in many ways, each given with courtesy,
manners, and good humor. Even the 8-year-old attending his very first event
donned a tunic to offer the spectators refreshments. To quote that young
gentleman, "This is so cool!"

The music sung and played by Arrows Flight was amazing--madrigals, tin
whistle ensembles, trumpeting in Their Majesties and the combatants. We
**need** those horn players at Estrella! The children's chorus was adorable.
Bronwyn, you rock.

Then His Honor Morgan wrote:
>Oh yes, during the competition it was revealed that the Barony of Loch
>Salann has been at war with one Morgan Blaidd Du since A.S. XXXIV, and
>although he wished to sue for peace, His Majesty has declared that I as
>Vicar cannot accept the terms, therefore Loch Salann reaffirms the
>Declaration of War against one Morgan Blaidd Du of Stan Wyrm, and I charge
>all loyal subjects of Loch Salann to face him on the field of Honor, his
>choice of weapons as he was the challenged party, and to spare no effort in
>protecting our Barony and Their Majesties appointed Vicar of these lands
>from this foul miscreant.<

Dear, dear. I am so sorely tempted to have the youth of the barony set upon
this foul miscreant en masse with boffer swords and shield. New game for
Solstice: Bop--Vicar! Alas, Loch Salan has sworn to uphold the customary and
rightful ban on warfare during our most holy season of Yuletide.

Still, the situation does leave open all kinds of punishing possibilities
from His Incipient Excellency Sean for now until our winter feast ....

Aurora de Portugal
BLS MOY