[Artemisia] Toys for Tots

Ted Elliott alliancecapital1 at qwest.net
Fri Oct 20 10:01:00 CDT 2006

Please feel free to pass this message on to any other lists or persons.

Toys For Tots

November 11, 2006

Once again it is that time of year that we, the Shire of Arrows' Flight, do call upon the most noble and chivalrous folk of our great kingdom. We invite you to join us this day and show all the honor and generosity of our most noble society.  The year is 1400 and we are somewhere in Greece, and it's Christmas Day. For days now everyone at the castle has been busy preparing the special food dishes to be served that night in the Grand Hall. All the castles rooms and halls have been cleaned and decorated in preparation for this special day and now all are waiting for the arrival of you, our guests and friends, so the fun and games can begin.

Activities planned for this day will be many and all will challenge your strength, wit, speed and skills. On this day we will be determining our shire's Arts and Sciences champion. There will be many tournaments this day for fun and honor, (and prizes!). Tourneys for Heavy Fighting, Shire Rapier Champion, Boffer, and period games will help all contestants to collect extra tokens to determine the winner of the day. We will also be holding our Shire Bardic Championship during the feast, so all those with talents in the musical, storytelling and dancing arts, please come and compete.   Last, but definitely not least, we will have a Brewing Contest, so bring your brewed beverages and compete against some of our Kingdom's finest.

We ask that you bring you bring at least one toy and a canned food item. You may bring more toys and use the tokens from their donation towards bribes and or rewards for contestants and performers in the different tourneys and activities of the day. Toys should be unwrapped and unopened in their original packaging. All food items should be non perishable. All toys will be donated to the United States Marine Corps Toys for Tots program. All food items will be donated to the local food bank

This year's feast will have a Greek theme and will be prepared by Lady Ash and M'lord Lenny with their cooking crew.  This year's menu is truly mouth watering and includes the following:

Hummus & Bread, Tyropitakia (Cheese tiny tart ), Soupa Avgelemono, Pilaf &
Souvlakia, Dolmathes & Tstiki  (salad dressing), Spanakopita (feta spinach/filo casserole kinda thing), Tourta me Portokali ke yaourti (orange cake)
Loukoumades (greek scones)

We will need volunteers for serving and kitchen clean up.  Please contact the event stewards if you wish to help.

Merchants are welcome and beloved.  Please contact M'lady Asa (contact information below).

The Site: Utah National Guard Armory in Spanish Fork Utah located at 2751 N Main Street. The site opens at 10:00 AM and closes at 10:00 PM. The site is DAMP and no pets are allowed. There are showers on site.

Directions to the Site: Take I-15 to Springville. Take exit # 260. Once off the freeway turn west on State Rd. 72 and go 0.4 miles, then turn left on to Main Street and go another 1.1 miles and the armory will be on the right hand side of the road.

Site Fees: Adults $5.00, 12 and under $3, $3 surcharge for adult nonmembers.

Feast Fees: Adults $ 8.00, 12 and under $4. Prepaid feast reservations should be sent to Karina Tucker at 1937 S Main St. Orem UT 84058 before Nov 6, 2005. Please make checks payable to Arrows' Flight, SCA Inc.

Event stewards:  M'lord Finlay MacDuff (Ted Elliott)  alliancecapital1 at qwest.net

M'lady Asa Harroldsdottir (Terri Elliott)  terrielliott at qwest.net

435-843-5044 (Home), 435-843-0056 (Work), 435-830-7017 (Cell)

Lord Robert Silverbow of the Fells: Robert Handley.