[Artemisia] Bardic at Toys for Tots

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Fri Oct 27 13:51:04 CDT 2006

Greetings, one and all,

M'Lord Finlay Macduff, in his capacity as co-autocrat for Toys for
Tots this year, asked me to organize our bardic championship. For
all who would like to participate, here are the rules of the
competition...

Shire of Arrows' Flight Bardic Competition

Rules
1. "Competition open to all paid Society members. A prize will
be awarded to the overall winner. The title and regalia of Shire
Bard is only eligible to residents and Officers of the Shire of
Arrow's Flight." Should a non-resident win the competition, the
Shire Champion will be the resident with the highest score in the
voting.
2. All competitors will perform two numbers, chosen from the
following categories: Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, and
Storytelling. Bonus points will be awarded for period works,
verified by written documentation. Bonus points will also be
awarded for performing numbers from different categories.
3. There will be several judges, chosen from the general
populace in attendance. Points awarded by each judge will be tallied
by the Shire Reeve, who will then determine the winner.
4. Competitors must complete an entry form, which will be
available at the Troll booth, and turn it in prior to 4:00 pm.
Copies of this form will be prepared, and given to the judges. The
criteria to be used by the judges will be specified on this form.
Late entries will not be invited to perform.
5. Competitors who are not present when their appointed time to
perform arrives, will forfeit their opportunity to participate this
year.

I look forward to seeing and hearing many great performances, and
encourage everyone to demonstrate their talents. I also ask
everyone to support all the performers, through approbation and
encouragement. See you all in a couple weeks.

Padruig McTavish